Rural India is the backbone of the country's economy. For the development of this sector, we have to empower rural people. Indian agriculture requires radical changes to cope up with increasing demand for quality products in domestic as well as global market.
Our farmers mainly practice traditional agriculture. Though Information technology and communication are developing at a very fast pace, they are still out of reach of many fragments of the rural population today. This has brought a significant change in all walks of life especially in rural areas wherein majority of Indians live. In order to make headway in this direction, it is exceptionally important to educate our farmers about various aspects related to agriculture and market information.
Farmers generally rely upon other farmers, input dealers, and programs on Radio and Television to gather information for improving the cultivation practices, inputs etc. Now, we have put in all our best efforts to provide them with latest know-how on developments of their respective areas.
Karassery Bank is involved in the following activities and services that are offered free of cost:
- Imparting knowledge on new developments in improved methods of cultivation/technologies, proper use of fertilizers, pesticides, and impediments etc. to farmers.
- Sharing of weather data and agro climatic conditions, latest information on price of inputs and agriculture produce to farmers.
- Input sharing on skill development, micro enterprises and formation of Self Help Groups of farmers, landless laborers and other artisans.
- Guiding and educating farmers about our Bank’s loan products/various schemes and rendering assistance for completion of loan applications and other formalities to avail loan from the Bank.
- Encouraging villagers to send their children particularly the girl child to school.
- Providing financial knowledge and credit counseling not only to the customers of the Bank but also the benefit is ushered equally to all those who seek help.