Current Account is primarily meant for businessmen, firms, companies, public enterprises etc. that have numerous daily banking transactions. Current Accounts are cheque operated accounts meant neither for the purpose of earning interest nor for the purpose of savings but only for convenience of business hence they are non-interest bearing accounts. In a Current Account, a customer can deposit any amount of money any number of times. He can also withdraw any amount as many times as he wants, as long as he has funds to his credit. Generally, a higher minimum balance as compared to Savings Account is required to be maintained in Current account.
Current Account can be opened by
- An individual who has attained majority.
- Two or more individuals in their joint names.
- Sole proprietorship concerns
- Partnership concerns.
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF).
- Public & private limited company
- Clubs & Societies.
- Trusts, Executors and Administrators.
- Private Limited Company
- Others - Govt. and semi Govt. bodies, local authorities etc.
Open a Current Account and avail following facilities
- Any Branch Banking (ABB), Inter Connectivity.
- ATM facility available for Proprietary concerns only at ZERO COST.
- Remittances: Pay Order, Demand Drafts on any location in India.
- Collection of outstation cheques.
Documents Required for Opening a Current Account
- Two passport size photographs which can be photographed at the Bank counter itself
- ID Proof: Passport/driving license/Ration card/voters identity card/PAN Card
- Proof of residence: Gas Conn. Book/Telephone Bill/Electricity Bill/Bank Pass Book etc
- An introduction of the person from an existing account holder
- PAN number / Declaration in form no.60 or 61 as per the Income Tax Act 1961
Different set of documents are required as per bank's norms if the account is opened by partnership firms, private and public limited companies, HUFs / specified associates, societies, trusts etc.